hello you.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

FAREWELL!

Okay! I've finally consolidated the trip pictures and details into one looong picture-intensive post! Please read the last part I updated it with Day4 onwards! Beatiful sunsets, horses, and pictures of food! hahaha :D

Anyway with the completion of the mauritius post, I'm finally ready to leave this blog for good. I'm moving to livejournal due to some reasons. But I'm gonna leave this blog open cos it contains 3years of memories - my o level year, and my JC years! And there's my cheesy nickname that stuck with me for almost ten years now! :)

Now I'm moving on to the next phase in life; university... The past few months of interviews and uni options have been almost surreal. I would say SearchAsia has really been a God-given opportunity to learn and work; all the interviewing and people-reading was really good practice for the scholarship interviews. I went through two rounds for the SMU Lee Kong Chian scholarship (LKCSP), finally securing the scholarship only to find out I can't do Law+Biz, only Biz+SocSci/Acc. Then I went through two rounds at SMU law, for entry to faculty and for scholarship for faculty of law. They didn't give me LKCSP for Law+Biz, giving me a 1-yr LexisNexis scholarship instead. Which I ended up rejecting also because NUS offered me Law+Biz, despite my horrible horrible interview with Prof Bagman! Haha they decided to offer me a place in NUS afterall! I didn't even have high hopes of getting into NUS law.. Whatsmore a double-degree offer! God has really blessed me beyond what I deserve/expected.. Its even surreal because of the $72k worth of scholarships I let go to read law at NUS. But I don't feel regret or anxiety at all, maybe because of our sure and steady, unchanging God who reassures me with His peace :)

I'm also really thankful because when I trusted in God, He has indeed made my paths straight. When I first got my results, law was just an obscure option. Now after 2 months plus of journeying, of praying and affirmation from people around me, I'm humbled by the ways God has reached out to me to tell me the plans He has for His child, "plans to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me a hope and a future." He didn't speak in an audible voice or send a prophet to tell me where to go, but put in a little effort to observe and I see God's hand working in my life and directing me to the right places. And I'm truly thankful for that, that our patient God hasn't given up on a mean, horrible sinner like me!

I came to a place of humble adoration and reverent awe. I've done nothing to deserve this. I've been the meanest person to so many people and disobeyed Him so many times on the A level journey. But I guess we don't earn our blessings, God gives them freely to those who ask. And a broken and contrite heart He never despises. He's blessed me with favour in the eyes of Man, the wisdom to give shrewd answers, and the intelligence and logic to answer Bagman's tough questions. He's given me peace in times of anxiety (before interviews and the like), and hope in times of distress (down times with the boy and deciding between uni options). He's blessed me with great friends who pray for me and with me, and who give me sound, godly advice, who supported me thru this whole time(abby, glad, bel, wl, jolyn, ginny, jinwei&serene, even ppl like my bro and VALERIEPHANG, ah so many more!) His Word and its precepts has been a steady lamp held out in the darkness, a guide that has never once failed me. And I mean Never. And I could go on and on praising God, because this is what I'm created for!

I think my life is really a story of God's grace and I want to tell the whole world that it's His grace that has brought me here so far! I believed with that little seed of faith and mountains were moved, emotionally, spiritually, "professionally"... To have God reign and be in control is the best rest for the weariest soul. Thank You Father :)


link | posted by chinesecochon at 3:47 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 8:47 AM~  

hi friend!
I just created blog. please help me too!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela